Patricia Kelly and Peggy Nelson share knowledge on allergen free foods and snacks.
Granola Bar Recipe
1/4 cup coconut oil ( or butter)
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp Vanilla (optional)
2 cups of granola bar mix or your own granola mix
Optional to add 1/2cup of dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips. (keep in mind nut allergies of other students)
1)Preheat oven to 350F
Lightly grease pan or line with parchment paper
2) soften coconut oil (or butter) in a small sauce pan over low heat
3) In a medium bowl mix oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla til smooth
4) add Granola Mix and stir til coated
5) scrape mixture into pan and press down firmly & bake for 20-25 min
6) let cool down completely before removing from pan & cut into desired sizes.
We used whole grain oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, golden flax seeds and puffed quinoa in our granola mix.
Top things on our list for snacks, food for school trips:
Assorted fruits and fruit salad
Sun butter (sunflower seed)
Blackberry chia seed jam
Hard boiled eggs
Tuna with crackers
Nut free granola bars
Vanilla ice cream